Top 2012 Marketing Trends and Predictions Roundup
It’s that time of year again! Social media and marketing experts across the globe are trotting out their lists of prognostications for the coming year. There’s lots of great advice out there year-round, but somehow this time of year makes us all highly reflective. And there’s so much out there. We thought we’d take a few minutes to summarize some of what we’re finding and reading.
Marketing Profs: Top 5 Marketing Trends for 2012
- Dealing with “Big Data”
- Marketing automation leading to more complete customer profiles
- Improved customer intelligence revealing marketing opportunities
- A renewed interest in the customer lifecycle
- Right-time multichannel marketing lets marketers sell what customers want, when they want it, how they want it
Social Media Explorer: FIVE SOCIAL MEDIA TRENDS FOR 2012
- Content Marketing (it’s amazing people are still talking about this as though it was just invented)
- Social Media Influence makes its way into discussions in the c-suite
- Increased integration between marketing, technology and data (i.e. mobile)
- Legal crackdown on blogger giveaways
- Social connections used for more than just measuring influence
B2C Community: Top 5 Inbound Marketing Trends for 2012
- The rise of personalized marketing as mobile and local collide
- Faster real-time analytics leading to more agile marketing
- More channels = more need for channel integration
- More cloud services (SaaS) options for marketers
- The unchained (mobile) consumer
Only one big trend noticed here: Many marketers still don’t have a good sense of ROI that social is offering, but many are confident it will yield a result (eventually).
Social Meida Today: PR, Communication, and Marketing Trends 2011
Got a prediction for next year? Let’s hear it! Leave it in the comments or on our Facebook page.